Frequently Asked Questions

The speed of legal proceedings depends to a large extent on how your recovery progresses and whether any complications arise. Generally, personal injury cases take between two to three and a half years to be resolved. They can be settled sooner, but this isn’t always recommended, as the full extent of your injuries may not yet be known, potentially resulting in lower compensation.

The amount of compensation that you may be entitled to depends on the severity of your injury and its impact on your life

It is important to have two pieces of ID with you, at least one with a photo. It is helpful, but not necessary, to have any documents relating to your claim. These include the initial police report and any letters from an insurance company.

Please call our office and we can arrange to meet with you at the hospital or your home.

We are able to offer services in English and Portuguese. Nós somos capazes de oferecer services em Português.

If you speak another language you will need to bring a family member or friend to translate at your initial consultation. If your case progresses further, we can make arrangements for ongoing translation services.

Our personal injury lawyers specialize in cases involving physical or psychological injuries or disabilities. We deal with a broad range of matters involving injuries including car accidents, slip and falls, trip and falls, long-term disability claims and Canada Pension Plan disability claims, among others. We are armed with the knowledge and experience to help you receive the compensation you deserve.

In order to sue for pain and suffering you have to suffer injuries that are permanent and serious. ‘Permanent’ and ‘serious’ are legal terms with specific meanings. Determining the seriousness and permanence of an injury can be complicated. The courts have decided that if there is no way to tell if your impairment will resolve within the foreseeable future, it may be permanent. Soft tissue injuries that become chronic are the classic example here. Generally, for an injury to be serious it must have an impact on your ability to continue your regular employment or your regular activities of daily living.

You can sue for injuries that occur on private property. Both the owner and the occupier have a duty to ensure that the property is safe.

  • Consultation offices are located in West Etobicoke, Kitchener,
    Brampton, Burlington, Oakville and Hamilton to serve you better

Contact Us

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.