Areas of Practice
- Construction Lien
- Business Litigation
- Creditor Rights and Enforcement Proceedings
Bar Admissions: Ontario, 2002
Queen’s University Faculty of Law – Kingston, Ontario, Canada
LL.B. – 2000
University of Toronto – Toronto, Ontario, Canada
B.A. – 1997. Honours. Major: Economics and Political Science
William Ribeiro has specialized in commercial and civil litigation since his call to the bar. His practice includes a wide variety of contractual disputes, emphasizing construction lien law and other construction-related matters. He represents a variety of owners, builders, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers in a wide array of construction-related disputes. He has appeared before all levels of the Ontario Courts.
Prior to his call to the Ontario Bar in 2002, William Ribeiro obtained his undergraduate degree with honours in economics and political science from the University of Toronto. Thereafter, William obtained his law degree from Queen’s University Law School.
Since his call to the bar, William has specialized in commercial and civil litigation. More specifically, his practice has encompassed a wide variety of contractual disputes with particular emphasis on construction lien law and other construction-related matters. Today, William represents a variety of owners, builders, general contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers in a wide array of construction-related disputes.
William has appeared before all levels of the Ontario Courts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Toronto Construction Association, Member
- Federation of Portuguese of Business and Professionals, Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Member
- 2183164 Ontario Inc. v. Gillani, 114 O.R (3d) 676 (ONT SCJ (Div. CT) 2013)
- Enerworks Inc. v. Glenbarra Energy Solutions Inc., et al., 2012 ONSC 414 (ONT SCJ 2012)
- Dazz Construction Inc. v. Sergyeyevea, 12 C.L.R. (4th) 175 (ONT SCJ 2011)